[RTTY] NO2T SOE 873,300 BARTG

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NO2T SOE 873,300 BARTG
From: no2t at arrl.net (no2t)
Date: Tue Mar 18 23:29:34 2003
2003
-+- BARTG SPRING RTTY CONTEST -+-
Sponsored by British Amateur Radio Teledata Group.

CALL: NO2T                                                       Country USA
Class: SOE
Time on 29 hours 15 minutes

     QSOs DX: Call Areas Co
80m:   8   2        5     0
40m: 102  21       15     2
20m: 380  55       19     3
15m: 145  40       10     1
10m:  75  26       12     0
-----------------------------
Total:710 144      61     6 + DP1POL
Total multipliers: 205
Score:  873300
Station Description: FT-1000 MK5 IC-781
Antenna(s): KT34XA used on 10 and 20, 4 el 15 , 2 el shorty 40, delta loop
for 80
Operators: ME, Myself, and I

Remarks:

        The first 15 hours was pretty bad. Never heard such weak and watery
signals even from stateside. Saturday afternoon and evenng condx got much
better. By 1400UTC rates hit 50 per hour. Not too good but representative
of the decline in the solar cycle. The 2100 UTC hour produced the highest
QSO count of the contest with 55 Q's.

        The 20 meter band was the work horse at this QTH. Maybe it is the
antenna.
The KT34XA is at 60 feet while the 4 element 15 mono is at 35 feet. Wish we
could put up a taller tower. Maybe someday.

        Had some chores to due during the prime time about 2400 Saturday. So
took
a break which cost me some important QSO's. Never could recover the rates
from then on. 80 meters was very poor. High noise level and never heard
anybody.

        40 meters was not as populated as it has been in the past. Where was
everybody! Suprised to hear nobody below 7035! Also almost no one between
7080 and 7090. I like to stay well below 7040 because the second harmonic
limits listening on 14080-14085 (second harmonic). Hope for more use of 40
in the future contests.

        73 to all. Thanks for the QSO's.

PS: My name on the air is "JERRY" and not Gerald. HI HI!! PSE Change your
"HI" file. But none the less call me. I dont care id you use Jerry or
Gerald. Even in lousy propagation when my name appears I know its me. So
once agn TNX.

                        Jerry NO2T