[RTTY] Omni V and FSK

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Omni V and FSK
From: edw3nr at nexband.com (Ed)
Date: Thu Apr 3 20:06:03 2003
OK guys, thank you all for the input. If I understand it correctly, I need
to browse AA5AU's website and get the proper cabling and keying diagram.
Now , if I got this right, I use the Mark and Space jacks on the Omni
instead of the Audio in, but do I use PTT or the RTTY Key to switch to TX ??
Audio out from the Omni is at line level and for MMTTY still needs to go
thru the soundcard. There are 2 or 3 different choices for FSK and MMTTY
which do I use ??  I assume TxD and Sound ???

The PK232 hookup is a little more easily undrstood, but I still lack a
decent terminal program and I do not think it works as well as MMTTY.

Thanks again everyone, you certainly make a newbie feel welcome. Hope I'm up
and running for the EA Rtty test.   ..............73

Ed W3NR

---