[RTTY] 5z4bk decoding

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 5z4bk decoding
From: d.desloovere at skynet.be (Dirk Desloovere)
Date: Sat Apr 5 10:55:21 2003
Dear OM 's,

Thanks for the advices.

This morning I heard the 5z4 rtty signal on 21082  and I could not decode with
zakanaka  using mmtty 1.62 engine.  The audio was sounding as rtty, I could see
the twin peaks on my screen  shifted 170 hz  but no print.

I tried several settings : reverse, 50baud, ....  no lprint altough I could
decode the stations in the pile up and several other stations on the band or
other bands .

Later I heard the signal on 21087  and I could decode errorfree with  mmtty
1.64 program, not with zakanaka software.   This was the first time I had this
problem.
I worked 5z4bk , as a new one,   very easy.

Later I setup zakanaka to default  and I could decode  the 5z4 signal but mmtty
1.64 was copying errorfree.

73

DIRK
ON4ADZ