[RTTY] What was up with S05X??

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] What was up with S05X??
From: pcooper at guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sat Apr 19 09:40:17 2003
Hi all,

Well, I managed to log S05X on 20m RTTY this morning at about 1000UTC, but
last night - around 2100UTC (18th) they were very loud here, but weren't
hearing very much at all.
They kept calling CQ, and even the loud stations weren't being heard.

I wonder if they had rig trouble, or just good old QRN?

They also seemed to have problems when I heard them on 15m CW. Their Tx
frequency was drifting down quite badly, and their tone sounded quite rough.

Still, despite a few problems, they are doing a great job!

73 de Phil GU0SUP