[RTTY] SP DX RTTY de SN5Z

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SP DX RTTY de SN5Z
From: tomek at sp5zcc.waw.pl (SP5UAF)
Date: Mon Apr 28 10:33:07 2003
Hello,

This time we did Multi-Two opertaion. It is possible as we learned
from the Committee. We have new Multi category for Polish stations -
during previous years all Polish stations had one category.
So in the end the final score should be better than it is. We had to
do some work with 80 and 40 meters antennas.

We had a problem with one computer. The MMTTY was decoding very poor.
In the end we decided to change the sound card - fortunately we had
one in the club. After that everything started to work as it should
to. It was a hardware problem. But we lost a lot of time to copy calls
and serials before that.

Call: SN5Z
Operator(s): SP5UAF SP5HNK SQ5BPM SP5IRO SP5HGB
Station: SP5ZCC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Sulejowek
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:  101   398    37
   40:  168   845    58
   20:  257  1617    60
   15:  180  1315    60
   10:   43   276    28
-------------------------
Total:  749  4451   243  Total Score = 6,489,558

Club: PK RVG Club

Continents: 6

TRX: FT-990 + PA (300W), FT-1000MP (no PA)
Software: WriteLog + MMTTY
ANT: dipole + delta loop on 80m; delta loop on 40m; 5 el Yagi on 20m;
     5el Yagi on 15m; 6el Yagi on 10m; R-7000 vertical

This time it was not so easy to work VK6GOM and ZL2AMI - the only two
stations from Australia and New Zealand we managed to work. It was
very nice to meet Phil GU0SUP - we met personally on Guernsey at the
begining of April. On Sunday morning we turned the antenna to Africa
on 15 meters and we were called by ZS1JY, 9J2KC and A22BP. Also worked
KH6ND on 15 and 20. No USA/Canada/Japan or even Assiatic or European
Russia on 10 meters!!!

Well, I remember when we started RTTY contesting in the club. At first
we had sofwtare with no logging features. We used the second computer
to log all contacts - we were masters of keyboards as it was done by
one person in the same time. It was fun. Then we moved to WF1B. Now we
use WriteLog. We are more experienced but still learning new things.
Our great thanks goes towards Don AA5AU and Scot K9JY for their very
informative WWW pages about WriteLog.

We like contesting very much and sometimes receive directs for SN5Z.
We are OK via the bureau. And if you need SN5Z QSL card please let me
know via e-mail.

73
Tom SP5UAF
Scouts Radio Club SP5ZCC