[RTTY] I'm Honored - TU CQ & RJ !!!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] I'm Honored - TU CQ & RJ !!!
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun May 18 22:09:03 2003
Having just arrived back to the swamp after the 13 hour drive from
Dayton, I'm not sure if I'm tingling all over from the vibration of the
road or from the honor I received at Dayton Saturday night at the dinner.

I was awarded a plaque for 1st Place USA Single Op High Power for
the 2003 CQ/RJ WPX RTTY Contest setting a new USA record.

And even better, and probably one of my highest achievements ever
in RTTY contesting - a plaque for 1st Place World Single Op, All Band
(High Power) in the 2002 CQ/RJ World Wide RTTY DX Contest with
a new NA record.

Thanks to CQ Magazine, the New RTTY Journal, Glenn Vinson the
contest manager for CQ, Bill Henry K9GWT of Hal Communications who
sponsored the CQ/RJ plaque and to Mike K4GMH who sponsored the
CQ/RJ WPX plaque.

I am deeply honored to receive these awards in front of my RTTY
contesting peers.

And thanks to Jay and Betsy Townsend for the wonderful dinner.

Thank you.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com