[RTTY] RE: Death of RTTY?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: Death of RTTY?
From: w7ti at ispwest.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue May 20 10:54:49 2003
On Tue, 20 May 2003 09:12:34 +0100, Phil Cooper
<Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com> wrote:

>Over the last couple of years, though, there has been a trend to using more
>power than is necessary. PSK31 has suffered from this more than most.
>It is now quite normal to see folk using "hundreds" of watts, when 10 would
>do.

The real villain here is excessive receiver bandwidth.  I'm looking
forward to the day when everyone has the capability of 100 Hz or less
receive bandwidth.  Then PSK31 may well become the #1 choice of DXers.
If PSK31 is good with 10 watts, imagine how much farther you can go
with 1000.  Food for thought.

--
Bill, W7TI