[RTTY] PSK63 Sprint Results

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] PSK63 Sprint Results
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun May 25 00:15:30 2003
I made 7 QSO's with 6 different stations in the last 20 minutes of the
PSK63 Sprint tonight.

I must say that I am impressed with the mode and like it much better
than PSK31.  I was using WinPSK and the AFC was very fast and
grabbed the signal right away and printed quickly.  So the tuning part
was not a major problem.

The one negative thing I saw was I think a weak station, perhaps from EU
was trying to call me at one point but with the passband so wide open, other
stations nearby would not allow the weak signal to come through.  I tried
narrowing my filters but it was too late.

I'd like to encourage everyone to give it a try tomorrow night.  I had to
go to a birthday party so just got in on the tail end of the action tonight.

Worked VE3IAY, K3UK, N7HIY, VE4COZ, KK7UQ and K1AM on BPSK
and worke K3UK again on QPSK.  I was running about 40 watts.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com