[RTTY] signal monitor

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] signal monitor
From: wa9als at starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Tue May 27 18:54:54 2003
The 706MKIIG is my second radio.  It doesn't monitor output.  When I do
limited SO2R, I usually monitor my first radio (PROII) and don't monitor my
second (706).  This weirdness helps me know which one is transmitting.

If the 706 was my only radio, I wouldn't like not having a monitor function
for FSK.  Whether you use it all the time or not, monitoring is nice to
check if you're upside down or having other problems.  (Hey, you can use
your main rig for that if you're careful!