[RTTY] TARA CONTEST REVISION--Please Read At Once!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] TARA CONTEST REVISION--Please Read At Once!
From: MRBILL1953 at aol.com (MRBILL1953@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 9 21:36:55 2003
Hello:

Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Karen Smith, KB2UUC, from
Watervliet, New York and I've just been appointed as Press/Media Manager for
TARA
(Troy Amateur Radio Association). I'm very excited to have been selected for
this
position and I look forward to working with TARA's Contest Team. Also, I hope
to establish a working relationship with each of you. If you ever have any
questions that I could answer for you, feel free to drop me a note. We're going
to work very hard this year to bring you the very best contesting program
possible. And, in return I hope each of you will help me get the word out to
the
digital users worldwide.

Now, for my first assignment. It seems I have a "Change of Date" for the 1st
running of the Grid Dip Contest coming up. This contest was previously
scheduled to take place on the 4th weekend in July, more precisely on July 26,
2003.
This is NO LONGER true!! Thanks in part to a good number of you that alertly
noticed a conflict with the Russian RTTY Contest on that weekend, we have
changed our date. Our contest committee thought it would be disruptive and
confusing to ALL of our faithful digital contesters to try and hold two digital
contests at the same time. My friends the new date for the all "NEW"? Grid Dip
Contest (The Shindig) will take place on Saturday,? August 2, 2003. I have
included
a revised press release below for all of you. I apologies on behalf of TARA
for this error and any inconveniences that it has cause to you. However, we
felt it was important to correct this matter immediately instead of letting it
take place as originally announced. I'd like to once again thank the many that
notified Ernie Mills, WM2U and Bill Eddy, NY2U, of this oversight. They too
wish to express their apologies and they're making the corrections to the
website
as I write this message to you. Please take a peek at our new Four Seasons
Contesting web page at <A
HREF="http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html";>http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_seasons.html</A>?
 that the
guy's have been working on. It has all of TARA's contests listed on one page,
making it easier for you, the users! Let us know what you think of the web site
and I'll pass the word on to the proper folks in charge.

Thank you for reading this message and for your cooperation. I hope to see a
lot of you in the contest soon.

Karen Smith, KB2UUC
press-manager@n2ty.org

CONTEST DATE: AUGUST 2, 2003
The TARA PSK-RTTY Grid Square contest (The Grid Dip). Sponsored by Troy ARA,
0000z through 2400z, August 2, 2003, PSK31, PSK63 and RTTY on?
80,40,20,15,10,6 meters. Work stations once per band unless Rover has changed
Locator.?
Exchange NAME, & 4 Digit Grid Locator.? Enter 1 of 5 categories. QRP, 5w max
(RTTY
5w max). Low, 20w max (RTTY 100w max).? High, 100w max (RTTY Legal Limit).
Rover,? 50w max (RTTY Legal Limit) as a portable or mobile station operating
from
more than one Grid Locator, or SWL. Single/single only. Call CQ Grid Dip.
Final score is QSO points x? total different Grid Locators. Mults. count once
per
band.? To be valid, scores must be received via our online score submission
form found at? <A
HREF="http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_score.html";>http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_score.html</A>?
 or
e-mail Logs to grid-manager@n2ty.org, by the last entry date 30th August
2003.? Logs must be available for review if requested.? Please read web rules
for
details on <A
HREF="http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_rules.html";>http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_rules.html</A>?
 for more info