[RTTY] ANARTS - GU0SUP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ANARTS - GU0SUP
From: pcooper at guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Mon Jun 16 15:28:19 2003
Hi all,

Well, that was different!
I almost got motivated enough to start the contest from the beginning, but
in the, 2 weeks of flu like symptoms caught up with me, and I decided to go
to bed, and then start from around 1200UTC, as I had several household jobs
that needed doing, and this seemed the best way to play it.
I obviously made the right decision, as we had a tremendous thunderstorm
during the early hours of Saturday morning, from about 0300 till about 0530,
so I would have gone QRT anyway.

Once I got going, things seemed OK for a while, but then I noticed that
conditions were in and out, and I had to grab whatever I could as soon as I
saw it. There was a nice opening to JA during our afternoon of the first
day, and I bagged a few mults, but was still lacking the W/VE mults that one
normally expects.
At some point during the afternoon, the main UK node of our cluster decided
to stop playing, so the rest of the contest had to be done without any
support from that.

>From about 2100UTC, the bands were dying, and it was hard to get heard, and
as I had planned to get up early on the Sunday morning, I decided to quit
while the bands weren't playing and catch some sleep.
I was hoping to catch some W's on 40m, but I was far too late, as the band
must have closed much earlier than usual. Not one signal was audible here on
40, and 20 wasn't much better to start with.
Around 0600, things improved on 20, and I bagged HR1RMG, which was nice, and
failed to make it with TI4DJ, so I went calling CQ. Shortly after I started,
TI4DJ called me, which was great!
It was also nice to find Mike KH6ND on 20 - a great signal from KH6.

10m was open sporadically, and I kept taking a listen, and working whatever
I could. Most were SA stations, so were worth plenty of points to me!

I managed to beat last years' score with less Q's which I thought was odd,
but then I remembered that last year, we all complained that it was a WAE
type contest!

Who else saw some poor so-and-so calling CQ WPX? And just how many were
sending 599-001-001? Or was it just me attracting them? I also saw several
stations that had clocks that were 1 or 2 hours ahead of UTC!

Anyway, here is my effort..........
          QSOs    Points    DX:         Call Areas
80m:      0            0        0                  0
40m:     20          76      12                 0
20m:    200       1528    46                 17
15m:      75         799    28                 4
10m:      10          139     8                  0
Total:    305     2542
Continents:  6
Total multipliers: 115
VK bonus points: 100
Score:  1754080
Station Description:  IC756 + 60 watts
Antenna(s):  Mini-beam + wire for 40m
Operators:   GU0SUP

And just FYI, here is my band breakdown:
40m Summary
Countries
9A     DL     F       I      OH     OK     SM     SP     UA9
UN     UR     YL

Call Areas    NONE!

20m Summary
Countries
4X     5B     9A     CN     CT     DL     EA     ER     ES     EU
F      G      GM     GU     HA     HB     HR     I      KH6    LA
LU     LY     LZ     OH     OK     OM     OZ     PA     PY     S5
SM     SP     SV     SV9    T9     TI     UA     UA9    UN     UR
VR     YB     YL     YO     YU     YV     ZC4

Call Areas
K0   K1   K2   K3   K4   K5   K6   K7   K9
VK2
VE1  VE3
JA2  JA3  JA5  JA6  JA7

15m Summary
Countries
4X     5B     9A     A4     CN     DL     EA     HB     I
LU     OE     OK     OM     OZ     PY     S5     SM     SP     T9
UA     UA9    UN     YB     YL     YO     YU     YV     ZC4

Call Areas
K1   K4   K5
VE1

10m Summary
Countries
CX     I      LU     OK     PY     T9     UA     YU

Call Areas    NONE!

Very best 73 to all,
Phil GU0SUP