[RTTY] Lack of RTTY activity from Caribbean!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Lack of RTTY activity from Caribbean!
From: martyt at pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Mon Jun 23 22:41:39 2003
At 09:13 PM 6/23/2003 -0500, Tim Pearson wrote:
>I've been RTTY DXing for a little over a year and I've noticed a definite
>lack of activity from the Caribbean.  Many islands/countries which are
>active on CW/SSB (native or DX'ped) don't seem to operate RTTY.
>
>I haven't worked J3, J6, J7, J8, VP2E, 8R, 6Y.  What gives!?  I'm
>challenging anyone to activate these countries ;-)

Hop on the next plane and head down there, Tim -- it's great fun and all
your fellow RTTY ops will appreciate it!

Thre's lots of information on rent-a-QTH's at www.dxholiday.com - there are
numerous rental locations that provide everything except the operator, some
that provide just the antennas and some that don't provide anything but a
great view of the ocean.

Now is a great time to plan a trip for the ARRL RTTY Roundup in January.
Airfares will be pretty cheap and locations should still be available. Even
if you're not serious about the contest, it's a great time of the year to
go visit the Caribbean!

-Marty NW0L (and sometimes PJ2T)
  martyt@pobox.com