[RTTY] DL-DX RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] DL-DX RTTY
From: ks0m at ktis.net (Dick White)
Date: Mon Jul 7 16:18:58 2003
    DL-DX RTTY Contest  July  2003
    Call used: KS0M       Location:  MO
    Category:  A  -  Single Op, Multiband       Operating Time:  8 hours

    Band    QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX
    80            0        0      0        0
    40            7      70      5        3
    20          81     975    16      26
    15            2       25      1        2
    10            0         0      0        0
   -----       ----    ----   ----     ----
   Total        90   1070    22      31         Claimed Score:(53 X 1070)  =
56710

    Worked FO5PS / JA1BWA and VK6GOM on 20m in the first 20 minutes. Serge
was my very first contact. I heard and worked only three DL calls and the
first one was at 1752z. Nothing heard on 10 m. The two 15m calls were VE9TX
and CX9BAE. 40m was six  W calls and one DX.  40m was so noisy that I did
not try 80m. The 20m band was about all I had from the Black Hole of the
USA. Propagation was very poor. I heard many EU calls but they were not
hearing me using the 4 element Yagi at 18 meters and 100 watts. I think
Mike, K4GMH was everywhere as I seemed to keep printing his call.  It was an
enjoyable contest and I look forward to next year. I probably will use the 6
hour class.

73....Dick  -  KS0M