[RTTY] OMNI VI+ & MMTTY ?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] OMNI VI+ & MMTTY ?
From: hb9czf at swiss-artg.ch (Dominik Bugmann)
Date: Sun Jul 20 09:06:05 2003
Hello,

after a few hundred RTTY QSO with my K2 I decided to add a 2nd station for
SO2R. I have an OMNI VI+ which I used together with my K2 in SO2R but CW
only.

After reading Don's (AA5AU) page I figured out what to do.
- Connect Pin 3 of COM1 directly to Mark/Space input.
- my "normal" serial cable to controll the Omni VI+ from Writelog.

After a few CQ's over the desk (DX is about 1 meter) I still see two odd
things:
- MMTTY does not always key  the OMNI VI+. I key trough TX and RX command
over the RS-232
  (Writelog: Setup -> Ports... -> Comm PTT = Yes).
  Ver 1.62 and 1.64 look the same. Is it a good idea to key per software or
should I better take Pin 7 of COM1 and
  key with hardware ? (K2 keys very well with the TX and RX commands)
- In order to get a 2-way QSO between the OMNI and K2 I have to set RIT
to -170Hz on the Omni.
  K2 is transeive and after several hundred QSO without complaints it must
be ok.
  On the OMNI I selected FSK, 500Hz Filter and PBT is about 3 o'clock.

Any ideas?

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF
http://www.swiss-artg.ch/hb9czf