[RTTY] Logbook of the World (LOTW) Beta Test Tutorial

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Logbook of the World (LOTW) Beta Test Tutorial
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue Jul 22 23:16:09 2003
For those that have not yet participated in the ARRL's Logbook of
the World (LOTW) beta test, I've written a step-by-step tutorial on
how to download the software, install the software, create the certificate
request, load the certificate, create a signed log, submit your log and
accessing the LOTW website.  It's not brain surgery, but it's involved
enough that seeing the steps displayed could be of some help.

The URL for the tutorial is http://www.aa5au.com/lotw_beta.htm.

Getting familiar with the processes now should help once the system goes
"live".  And I don't know when that will happen.

For users of DXbase 2003 and 2004, I've also included a page on how
to create the necessary file for submission to the beta test using that program.
You don't have to have DXbase to generate the necessary log file, any
program that can output an ADIF or Cabrillo log file should work.  The idea
for this tutorial came from discussion on the DXbase reflector.  Thanks
to Bill, W9OL, who got me started with LOTW.

I'm not an expert on LOTW, but the steps shown were good enough to
allow me to upload a log file which included well over 50,000 QSO's.  If
you run into problems, I'll try to help, but I'm still new to the process.
Questions may be better answered by the ARRL.  Comments are welcome.
Please reply directly and not via the reflectors.  Thanks.

73 &GL, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com