[RTTY] 7S3A - Russian RTTY WW Contest - July 26-27, 2003

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 7S3A - Russian RTTY WW Contest - July 26-27, 2003
From: jan-eric.rehn at telia.com (Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - 7S3A)
Date: Wed Jul 30 09:44:11 2003
                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: 7S3A
Operator(s): SM3CER
Station: SM3CER

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sundsbruk
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:   13    75    15
   40:   57   370    34
   20:  238  1680    86
   15:   54   300    27
   10:    1     5     1
-------------------------
Total:  363  2430   163  Total Score = 396,090

Club: Top of Europe Contesters

Comments:

Only one station was heard on 10 m during all weekend. That was
OK2WED and he was really strong! I tried to call CQ several times
on that totally dead 10 m band, but no luck!

The signals on 15 m were rare, but some highlights was YE1D, DS2OQF,
PS7KC and JY4NE. Otherwise it was only a few short openings on that
band this far north.

The best band was as usual 20 m, where it was possible to get some
short pile-ups now and then using only 80 Watts. Highlights on that
band was KP4JRS, YI/KV4EB, A45WD, TK/OK2WH, JT1BE, YB?JIV, VP2MHX,
ZL2BR, ZL2AMI, VR2BG, VK6GOM and TI4DJ. I missed the stateside
openings though - only a few US stations worked.

40 m has a very narrow RTTY-window, but the activity seemed very low,
so that was no problem this time. The problem was to find new stations
to work... I managed to get a QSO with VK6GOM on 40 in the middle of
our night at 2314 UTC the first evening, which seemed strange. VR2BG
was also logged at an odd time at 2211 UTC on Sunday. I also worked
ZL2AMI on Sunday, but that was closer to our grayline at 1711 UTC.
A couple of SA stations were also logged, but I did not hear any
stations from USA. The only NA station worked on 40 m was VE1OP.

80 m was a disappointment with the low activity. To call CQ gave
nothing and to S&P on a band with almost no active stations isn't
too fun...

Rig: Kenwood TS-950SDX, running 80 W most of the time.
PA: ETO Alpha 89, running 300 W max. during the dark hours.
Ant: 10-15-20 m - KLM KT-34XA
           40 m - Cushcraft 40-2CD
           80 m - Delta loop
SW: Writelog V10.40J with Rttyrite (using AEA PK-232MBX)

73 de Jan

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - Contest call: 7S3A
SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN
E-mail: sm3cer@contesting.com - ICQ: 11074897
SM3CER Contest Service: http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/
SK3BG Web Site: http://www.sk3bg.se/
Also QRV in MS or MM from: SI9AM - SK3IK - SL3ZV
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000 and WRTC-2002