[WriteLog] Re:Friend file

To: writelog@contesting.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Re:Friend file
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:10:57 +0000
OK guys, I think we have solved the problem, thanks to a couple of
very smart RTTYers with much better memories than I have.

The first version of Windows, 3.1 and 95 were 16 bit systems. And they
restricted any
file with an extension of .ini to less than 65,536 bytes. Now, while
98 is a 32 bit system, apparently Microsoft carried that .ini
limitation along with it.

2000 and up are not limited.

So, it appears all we have to do is have Wayne change the extension
name to something like .dat, and everything should work. In essence,
98 is the cause of the problem.

I'm going to email Wayne, and see what happens.

73
Ed