[RTTY] CQ WW observations

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQ WW observations
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:06:13 +0100
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the poor screen copy from OH1F and
K4EA?
Although I managed to work both of them, I often saw CQ DE OH7 OH1 and CQ DE
KE from both these calls.
All other stations were copied fine, but on my screen, both of these
stations showed poor print.
I can't believe it was my setup, as everyone else was fine, but I suppose it
could have been conditions.

I also wish some folk would wait for my transmissions to end before they
acknowledged and then called CQ again!
And a few weren't acknowledging at all! After me sending my report to them,
all I saw was QRZ? DE XX1XX.
A few also need to add a space to the end of their buffer (and preferably a
CR as well!) as it screws up the receive of their callsign.

Ah well, not to worry, as the bands were good, and it was a treat to see 10m
so active!

No copy on 3C0V at present on 15m, but I have them quite loud on 10m CW.
Another day!

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP