Re: [WriteLog] WL bug

To: writelog@contesting.com, RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL bug
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 04:24:50 +0000
> I do have to admit that the RTTY callsign database is a mess - sorry.
> Perhaps we erred in starting over again.  I actually got so frustrated
> with the lack of known good RTTY callsigns that I stopped in the middle
> of the contest, took the recent database file and added every RTTY log
> I had for the last 3 years.  THEN, nearly all callsigns highlighted.  hi
> 73, Don AA5AU

Well, my first thought is I can generate a database which has every
conceivable call in the world in it. Of course, it would be useless
because of the size.

And by adding in every log for the last 3 years, you also added in
every old call which has been changed for the last 3 years. Over 6000
in the last 2 years. And every silent key for the last 3 years. Not to
mention busted calls.

This is a little too much work for me to put up with this type of
crap.

I'll generate my own file, and put up with the inconvenience of having
to type in the calls which are missing.

As of now, I request no further logs be sent to me.

73
Ed