[RTTY] W3NR SOABLP (A)

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W3NR SOABLP (A)
From: "Ed" <edw3nr@nexband.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:10:40 -0400
             Band : ALL
           Power : LOW
            Mode : RTTY
           ARRL Section : GA
          Club/Team : TVDXA
          Software: N1MM Logger V3.0.91

      Band  Contacts      DXCC      Zone     Score
      ----  --------     ----- ---------     -----
       3.5        19                      5       15         440
         7           9                      7          8         315
        14        69                   12        45       7980
        21        48                   16        35       6681
        28        53                   14        41       8195
     Total      198                  54      144    91674

     Final Score : 91674

     Rig : Omni V.9 @ 100 watts

    Antennas : 2el Quad : Verticals 40/80

I do not think I did too bad for my real first effort at this. Managed about
12.5 hours, in between family and other more important items. Thanks to HC8N
for all 5 bands. Also to KH7X for 4 bands. 10 meter backscatter was
exceptional, best I have seen since the 70's. 15 meters showed its ugly side
with RF in the shack and computer, had to drop the power to 50 watts. 20
meters also showed some backscatter but mostly to SA. 40 meters was a bust
here, 80 was good, but missed the opening to JA-PAC. Hopefully by the next
contest some will learn to turn OFF the AFC and call on my QRG, guess there
is a reason for help files and email lists. Printed some really poor
signals, lots of spurs and badly over-driven. I sincerely hope my signal was
clean. Also wish to thank my YL (Edna) for letting me play radio and keeping
the homemade Sangria coming. 73

Ed W3NR

In beautiful downtown Chickamauga,Ga.

---