RE: [RTTY] bad mouthing

To: "'FireBrick'" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"'RTTY List'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] bad mouthing
From: "Dave Bernstein" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:26:42 -0400
The whining is bad, but the on-frequency QRM is horrendous. 3C0V was
working simplex on 15M last nite, despite the efforts of several
policeman sending "up up up lid" and worse on frequency. One nice fellow
even posted "AA6YQ, up!" in his 3C0V spot, just in case I couldn't copy
his on-frequency garbage. I worked 3C0V simplex a few moments later, but
the experience was on the whole an unpleasant one -- and 3C0V's rate or
frequency stability wasn't the irritant.

Perhaps we need to start building lid-detectors into our soundcard
software that automatically shut down for 15 minutes if unacceptable
operator behavior is detected. The next version of WinWarbler will be
incapable of sending "UP UP UP"....

     73,

         Dave, AA6YQ