Re: [Fwd: Re: [RTTY] Upcoming Kure operation]

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@charter.net>, "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [RTTY] Upcoming Kure operation]
From: "Gary D Elliott" <k7ox@pipeline.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 05:24:10 -0000
The Navy was on Kure First !... I was a member of the first DXpedition to
Kure in 1960 and the call used was KH6ECD. The DXpedition was made up of 6
Navy Personnel.  In fact we gave a Conditional Class exam to one of the
Coast Guard personnel, I believe he was a cook and the call KH6EDY was then
issued for the Coast Guard Station on Kure.  In addition I made two more
trips to Kure signing W7UXP/KH6 and also KH6HCM/KH6, so Tom you were correct
with the Navy bit.  It still remains a separate country but not because of
your explanation.

73 Gary K7OX