[RTTY] Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Sprint QSY Rule

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Sprint QSY Rule
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:05:06 +0000

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:49:29 -0400 "Tim Holmes" <W8TAH@zoominternet.net>
writes:

> I was just reviewing the rules for the rtty sprint tonight

Actually, it was Saturday night. The date is Zulu.

>I am
> not
> sure that I understand the QSY rule. As I understand it, you have to
> move a minimum of 1kHz after you make a QSO, or 5kHz if you called
> CQ.

That's almost correct. You have to move a minimum of 1 kHZ after
you make a QSO, or 5 kHz before you can call CQ. So you can S&P
someone 1 kHz away, and then you can inherit that frequency after
the QSO and call CQ there, and work one more station before
moving again.

> As I see it, this prevents running on a frequency.

That is correct.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ