[RTTY] JARTS, not sending log

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JARTS, not sending log
From: "Vince" <rradiohham1@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:19:50 -0700
I enjoy contesting very much, especially RTTY contest. I do it mostly for
the fun of it, and I do not always make a lot of contacts, I am not trying
to win anything, just have fun. And I usually send in the
log to what ever format that is required. But when I use a program that does
not support a contest, I may still work it, but not give it the time that I
would have, and not turn a log in. In the case of the JARTS contest, I had
seen where Writelog did not support the Cabrillo format that was requested,
even though there was some talk of a updated version to come to solve this.
So the bottom line is, I did not make many contact, and I will not even send
those in. I am not gong to take the time to do a conversion for so few
contacts. Last year I made 350 Qs in JARTS, this year I made only 69 Qs. So
you can see that unless a program supports a contest, there not much point
in getting to excited. There may be many others like myself that may not
turn in their logs as well. To make contesting enjoyable, you need to have a
program to support it.

Hope everyone did well in JARTS
73
Vince, K6BIR