Re: [RTTY] Omni and FSK now working!

To: Nat Davis <ndavis@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Omni and FSK now working!
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:21:12 -0800
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:38:34 -0500, Nat Davis <ndavis@vt.edu> wrote:

>The only thing I can think of that might have been the problem with my
>being off frequency (not zero beat) during my QSO with XE1L Thursday night
>was that MTTY may have been set in the AFC "on" mode at some point during
>or before that QSO.  AFC being on would have permitted my receive frequency
>to drift away from the Omni's fixed transmit frequency.   So while I
>correctly tuned in XE1L thinking I was zero beat, my transmit freq could
>have been off.

This could have happened if you had NET on while using AFSK.  NET is
designed for use during a roundtable type operation (thus the name)
but it causes problems when used incorrectly.  My recommendation is to
always have it off, roundtable or not.

Now that you are using FSK, NET has no effect anyway.

--
Bill, W7TI