Re: [RTTY] QTCs and WriteLog

To: jpixton@shentel.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QTCs and WriteLog
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:42:20 -0500 (EST)
I must say, I found WL handles QTCs very nicely.  But, remember, others
are using less capable software.  In most programs, you can get a file
of everything that comes in, and use that to record incoming QTCs, but
you have to think about doing that.  I'm not sure if there's an easy
way to handle sending QTCs in such programs as MixW or bare MMTTY.
It would be easy enough to have a separate program to generate files
of QTCs by accessing the log file, but it still wouldn't make sending
retransmits them easy, or keeping track of QTCs sent.

This is one of those cases where we've become the slaves of the
software, I think.

I just wish I could have exchanged more QTCs to the Pacific.  Many of
the JA and KHs wouldn't do QTCs.

73, doug