[RTTY] W0ETC WAE RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] W0ETC WAE RTTY
From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:38:38 -0600
The contest computer mentioned below the summary was used for contesting,
video, photo editing, etc and was starting to choke at times due to the
mixture of DLLs, Drivers, all the junk that loaded at startup, etc.  It
will now be dedicated to
contesting/Radio stuff.  Not even an a modem in it so no Internet
connection for that machine.

It was nice to catch ZA1A up above 21.100 and get him in the log.  I have
not requested any cards for DXCC in over 5 years but maybe I need to get
back into that game.  Guess I get a bigger kick out of working people
than doing paper work to prove who I worked.

                   WAE DX Contest, RTTY
Call: W0ETC
Operator(s): W0ETC
Station: W0ETC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Iowa
Operating Time (hrs): 7.25

   80:    0    0     0     0
   40:   57   57    10    69
   20:   97   97    30    54
   15:   93   93   109    88
   10:   25   25    20    34
------------------------------
Total:  272  272   169   245  Total Score = 108,045

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:
Spent a few hours in this event testing out the partially completed
rebuild of the contest computer.   All seemed to be working OK with the
exception of the operator.  It still will not read my mind when I press
F1 by mistake and send the F4 message I'd intended to send.

Once I finally got it configured properly, MMTTY 1.65 with WriteLog was
slightly better than the DXP-38 on receive decoding.

73 W0ETC