[RTTY] ZL2AMI WAEDC RTTY 2003

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ZL2AMI WAEDC RTTY 2003
From: Bob Stewart <rstewart@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:12:50 +0000
Hi All,

2003 WAE RTTY CONTEST

CALL: ZL2AMI      Single OP., All Band

           QSOs     QTCs     Multipliers
80m:         0              0             0
40m:       94            20         117
20m:     147          270         112
15m:     107          120           94
10m:     217          356         100
Total:    565 +       766     *  423 = 563013

QTC's make this contest and I sent 41 and received 36, they bump the score
up nicely.

The disturbed conditions certainly had me hopping about the bands and
produced some unexpected propagation paths. No 80m contacts despite being
there at the right times - a particular disappointment as I had a good few
four band contacts which I wanted to convert to five band sweeps!

The Continental summary is interesting and shows how the bands played out of
New Zealand. Of note are the 42 10m contacts into Europe - all made on the
first day. In recent months EU has been absent on 10m and the contacts were
unexpected - pays to check all bands during a propagation disturbance!

           80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    NA      0     24        27        24        126     201    35.6
    AS       0     20        29        16         44     109     19.3
    SA       0       0          3          1           1         5       0.9
    EU       0     49        82        62         42     235     41.6
    OC      0       1         4           3           4       12       2.1
    AF       0       0         2          1           0         3        0.5

73

Bob ZL2AMI