Re: [RTTY] Thanks for the Congrats on the Election....

To: n2ff@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Thanks for the Congrats on the Election....
From: llindblom@juno.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:48:01 GMT
I for one would like to see an RTTY forum some where be it at Dayton or ??.
Last year was my first ever Hamvention and get together with the RTTY group.  I
would hate to think it was my last after waiting 40 years to make the first
Dayton trip.

In any even I plan to be at Dayton in 2004 if at all possible.  To that end and
in case there is no "RTTY Hotel" I booked a cancelable reservation at the Best
Western Executive for May 13-16.  The room rate with my AARP discount was
around $87/night.

If anyone is wondering why I picked that hotel it was based on room
availability (some hotels are already booked full or holding their rooms for
last minute scalping) a reasonable room rate, an indoor swimming pool, a
lounge, and a restaurant. It is one exit south of the hotel the RTTY group
stayed at this year.

If someone organizes an RTTY Hotel I can cancel my reservation and switch to
that Hotel.

I hope to see you and lots of the RTTY group at Dayton in 2004!

73 W0ETC

-- Frank Fallon - N2FF <n2ff@optonline.net> wrote:
Jay and the gang,

Thanks for the nice comments.  I am sure glad the process is over and turned
out the way it did.  This will enable me to continue to fight for tower laws in
the two states the Hudson Division covers - New York and New Jersey - and to
push the ARRL legislative program in Washington.

Also please be aware that this year the RTTY Roundup will have club
competition.  I hope that creates even more participation than ever.  Let your
clubs know and get those guys on RTTY.

I hope to find time to do some RTTY contesting and DX too.  I will be on for
the RTTY Roundup from my daughter's house in Littlehampton, England.  I will be
only a few feet from the water so my sloopers might get out with 100 watts.
Please work M/N2FF if you hear me.  OR, if there is any G station in the area
who would like to do a multi op in the contest or let me use your station,
please send me an e-mail.

Meanwhile, does anyone want to have a RTTY Forum at Dayton this year?  If the
RTTY flock is not migrating to a hotel there this year, it may not be worth the
trouble.  And it was trouble last year.  They kept playing with the time
schedule and room assignment.  It was a royal mess and a real pain.

There are a number of ARRL staff who get on RTTY, including both the editor,
WB8IMY, Steve Ford and the publisher, Mark Wilson, K1RO.  Mark won the single
op USA in the RTTY Roundup a few years back.  I am not aware of any of the
other directors being active on RTTY but Vice President, Kay Craigie, N3KN,
does get on RTTY.  Midwest Division Vice Director, Bruce Frahm, K0BJ, is
usually in most of the larger RTTY ontests from Kansas but often as part of a
mult operator station using another call.

Frank Fallon........  N2FF
ARRL Hudson Division Director