Re: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee Questions

To: "WI8W" <rtty@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TARA RTTY Melee Questions
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 09:53:02 -0800
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:49:40 -0000, "WI8W" <rtty@comcast.net> wrote:

>Ok, all you seasoned, hard core RTTY contesters out there.  This is newbee
>asking a few questions.
>
>1.  Given the past history,  best and most active bands for this contest?

20 and 15 during daylight, 40 in the evening.  This is true for nearly
all contests.  Sometimes there will be a spurt of activity on 80 and
10, but don't waste a lot of time looking for it.

>2.  How can I determine the best times to take off?  I know that I have only
>16 hours out of the 24 to work.  2 breaks or 1 large one best?

Avoid the wee hours of the morning.  One break if you're a heavy
sleeper, two if you're not.  Doing two breaks allows you to check the
bands during the wee hours and who knows, you might get lucky.

>3.  CQing...how much percentage of the total time...S&P...how much
>percentage?

I CQ until the rate drops off, then S&P.  Caution: I don't win very
often.  Best advice is to do whatever AA5AU does.  :-)

--
Bill, W6WRT