RE: [RTTY] Tara Melee amd Major Contests

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Tara Melee amd Major Contests
From: "Bob Wanderer" <aa0cy@QUADNET.NET>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 21:00:42 -0500
If possible, take off the Monday following a major contest
too.  This way you hopefully won't be hearing voices, CW,
and/or RTTY tones in your head.  If I had to choose between
taking off the Friday or the Monday, I'd go with the latter.
I get the station ready during the week preceding the event.
Also, I usually don't get on until early Saturday morning if
the contest started Friday night (i.e. 0000Z Saturday)

It seems to me that everybody would have different lists of
major contests.  Nevertheless, one I think almost everybody
would agree on would be the ARRL RTTY Roundup, held the
first weekend of January.  Three others would probably be
CQWW, North American QSO Party (NAQP), and WPX (prefixes).
I wish sweepstakes came in a RTTY flavor; one more chance
for a clean sweep, although I don't know if VY1JA and the
major Alaskan, Puerto Rican, US Virgin Islands, or Hawaiian
stations have RTTY capability.

73
Bob AA0CY