[RTTY] to4e on 40 and 80

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] to4e on 40 and 80
From: "DESLOOVERE DIRK" <d.desloovere@skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:02:40 +0100
Dear,

TO4E is lately RTTY-ing on  40 m .  Yesterday evening this station was spotted
on 80 m rtty.    I can not confirm the 80 m opertation.

I am a rtty fan but below 14 Mc I  go for CW mode.

For 40 and 80 m I have put up  sloping dipoles (@ 24 m)  favouring the
direction.   I could make a 40 m rrty qso after listing half an hour to non
decoding signals. The beam operators had theire rtty qso already in the log.
I have a 2el for 10 Mc high in the air  (@28 m) and I can tell you that theire
is a lot of difference between a poor man dipole and a beam.

I have been listening for hours to 80 m , cw of course, but no luck in the pile
ups yet

Personally  this low band rtty qso are not needed for me, the operators could
spent more time on + 14Mc bands in rtty favoring other continents.

73

ON4ADZ
DIRK