[RTTY] Practice RTTY Roundup tonight

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Practice RTTY Roundup tonight
From: Dean Wood <n6de@inreach.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:48:22 -0800
Hello,

The Northern California Contest Club invites you to participate in a mini-RTTY Roundup practice session tonight.

Friday, January 2; 8:00pm-8:30pm PST
[In UTC: Saturday, January 3; 04Z-04:30Z]
Frequencies: 3590, 7090, 14090 kHz, +/- 10kHz
(Let's be courteous to ongoing QSOs.)

Format: RTTY Roundup exchange

Immediately following the mini-RTTY Roundup, there will be an informal net at 3853 kHz (+/- for existing QSOs) to discuss any problems you encountered with your RTTY setup, and how you scored in the practice session.

The Northern California Contest Club has been sponsoring these mini-contest practice sessions for other contests such as Sweepstakes, NAQP, and Sprint. We've found they are helpful in testing the logging software setup, function key macros, and RFI. I think this may be especially helpful to make sure no one has inverted RTTY tones, RFI on AFSK signal, forgot to make sure %E is at the end of the Writelog RTTY macros, determine if anyone is answering other CQs off frequency due to AFC, etc. This way, we can all debug these issues before the RTTY Roundup, not during. It will also be a good opportunity to test propagation one day before the contest.

See you in the mini-RTTY Roundup practice session tonight, and also the real contest this weekend!

73 and Happy New Year...
-Dean - N6DE