[RTTY] My old Xerox 820

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] My old Xerox 820
From: WI8W <rtty@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:37:21 +0000
Paul wrote: VA3PC

"Does it still run the original W0RLI software? I had to shut mine down when
Message ID's became commonplace... it was known as the ve3koi bbs in
(or near) Toronto... Really hated to resurrect that linked message file
when it
crashed (about every two months on power bumps)."

My 820 ran CP/M. I used it primarily for word processing and a couple of spreadsheets. I dont even remember what software I used. The computer will no longer load the CP/M operating system so that is why it only burns electricity. It really is junk at this time but I hate the thought of getting rid of the beautiful mahogany cases all this stuff was built into. Maybe I could resurrect the cases with a radio project. Hummmm.

Anyway, it is probably time to end this thread...this is a RTTY list after all.

73

Thom WI8W