Re: [RTTY] DAYTON?

To: ham_reflectors@wa9als.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DAYTON?
From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:02:47 -0600
I totally agree that we need some kind of RTTY presence at Dayton.  An
RTTY get together of any kind would be great.

When this was brought up a couple of months ago, I indicated a
willingness to help in whatever way I might be able.  Having only been to
Dayton once (last year) I don't know much about the ins and outs of
putting something together for Dayton.  But again, I am willing to assist
as best I can anyone who is willing to take on the responsibility.

The reason for my caution in the above is because of circumstances that
some on the reflector are aware of .  I have Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia.
It is a manageable form of Leukemia and responds well to treatment.
However, the effects of the treatment only seem to be good for a few
years.  I had lab work and a Hematology appointment Monday AM.  The
original plan was to see the doctor and again start chemotherapy
treatment this week.  But, my WBC (white blood cell count) is slightly
down from where it was six weeks ago.  Based on this and the lack of
swollen lymph nodes the Hematologist decided to wait on treatment until
my WBC is above 50,000 unless other problem occur.

I will see her again in April and we will go from there.  Last time I had
virtually no side effects from the chemo.  But, this time she will add a
new medication to the treatment which might have more effects.  Now that
you know more than you want to know, again I'm willing to assist a brave
volunteer in whatever way I can.

73 W0ETC