[RTTY] W6WRT FMRE contest score

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] W6WRT FMRE contest score
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:46:30 -0800
Lots of fun despite the serial number problem.  10 meters was open
Sunday with very strong sigs, but hardly anyone on.  A shame.

Highlights:  Being called by ZS6EGB on 40.  In ten years of RTTY
contesting, that's only my second ZS on 40.  That's a long way from
California with only a dipole, over 10k miles.  Cool.

Lowlights:  Not a single ZL during the entire contest.  ???  And no VK
on 40; usually they're out in force.  The JAs helped make up for it,
though.  Lots of them and many gave me serial 001.  Thanks, guys!

And thanks to all who endured my fumble fingers this time.  I decided in
the middle of the contest to re-layout my F-keys.  Not a good idea, at
least mid-contest, but it's much more logical now.  I had been using the
default mappings leftover from RTTY by WF1B which were ok, but there are
better choices for WriteLog.  I'll be better next time, I promise.  :-)

The details:
CALL: W6WRT
Country:  USA

___ A. Single OP., all band, one radio

         QSOs   Points  DX:     State
80m:    43      95      3       1
40m:    88      208     8       6
20m:    122     311     12      6
15m:    242     654     37      9
10m:    5       11      2       0
Tot:    500     1279    62      22

Total multipliers:      84
Score:                  107436

Station Description:
Antenna(s): Cubex 4-el quad for 20/15/10 at 80 feet, W9INN trap dipole
for 80/40 at 70 feet
Operators: W6WRT
Equipment:  IC-746PRO and Command HF-2500 (1.5 kW)

--
73, Bill W6WRT