[RTTY] RTTY WPX SO7Z(@SP7GIQ) M/S HP

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY WPX SO7Z(@SP7GIQ) M/S HP
From: SP5UAF <tomek@sp5zcc.waw.pl>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:37:13 +0100
Call: SO7Z
Operator(s): SP7PS, SP5UAF, SQ5BPM, SQ5IRO
Station: SP7GIQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Lask
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  420  1776
   40:  316  1416
   20:  389   934
   15:  323   866
   10:   47   115
-----------------
Total: 1495  5107  Prefixes = 520  Total Score = 2,655,640

Club: PK RVG

Comments:

Bad luck started on Friday, 13th with a broken soundcard. The next
thing was when we found that we have four ethernet cables but only one
of them works. Well - we know we should prepare everything earlier but
all of us were very busy at work. After all, half an hour before the
contest we changed the decision and in the end participated as MOST
instead of MO2T.

On Saturday morning we found out that the main big gun antenna
(stacked quads) does not work at all due to frost. So we had only the
multiplier antenna and also another quad - fixed south. In the end we
were lucky that we decided to participate in MOST. Fortunately it was
much warmer on Sunday and the stacked quad started to work again.

Having problems with the antennas on higer bands we paid much
attention to low bands. Thanks to everyone, especially VK6HD, 4V200YH,
NP4BM, PS7TKS, P40G, 8P2K & a few dozens of US/VE stations we worked
on 80m. Great activity, the only drawback was poor condx on 10m.

Thanks for all contacts and the next one great RTTY event. See you
next time again. QSL mananger for SO7Z callsign is our friend SP8QED
(direct or bureau).

Our special thanks go to Chris SP7GIQ (SN7Q) for allowing us to meet
again in his great quad farm.

73
SO7Z Team
- SP7GIQ, SP5UAF, SP7PS, SQ5BPM, SQ5IRO

Equipment:
TRX: FT-1000MP + PA (homemade)
ANT:
 80m - Vertical, Dipole, Beverages
 40m - 4el Quad, slopping dipoles, Beverages
 20m - 4el Quad, 2el Quad (fixed south), 2x4el Quad (on Sunday)
 15m - 4el Quad, 2el Quad (fixed south), 2x4el Quad (on Sunday)
 10m - 5el Quad, 2el Quad (fixed south), 4x5el Quad (on Sunday)