[RTTY] RTTY in state QSO parties?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY in state QSO parties?
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:08:14 -0800
hi - There is a small debate going on in the NCCC, which runs the California
QSO Party (CQP) the 1st weekend in October, as to whether to start including
digital modes in the CQP. Rules for 2003 here: http://www.cqp.org/Rules.html

Basically, your goal is to work as many of the 58 CA counties as possible -
CA stations work the world, and vice versa. Current modes are both CW and
phone. Note that even though the mults for CA stations are states and
provinces, we happily and eagerly work all DX. And finally, there are
fabulous prizes...

I was wondering what level of interest there would be in the RTTY community
to adding RTTY to this contest:

- do you already participate in CW and/or phone?

- if not, would you be very inclined to go from 'not participating' to
'participating' if RTTY were available?

- in either case, would you be inclined to operate only RTTY, or multiple
modes?

thanks very much for your input! - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/