[WriteLog] Bug in Makrothen module

To: rtty@contesting.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Bug in Makrothen module
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:15:53 -0800
I have found what seems to be a minor bug in the new WriteLog Makrothen
module.  I have my F3 buffer set to QSL the other station's report and
also use the new %l command to log the contact.  Here's how it looks:

%r%c QSL W6WRT CQ %r%e%l

As long as I leave the cursor in the grid entry area, it works fine.
The problem comes if the cursor has been moved out of the grid entry
area, for example to edit the call.  What happens then is the other
station's call is sent but then the buffer stops running and just hangs
up in transmit mode.  If I remove the %l command from the buffer it
works ok, but of course I have to manually press enter.  Moving the
cursor back into the grid entry area makes it work ok.

I have emailed Steve, N9OH, with this info, but with only a short time
left he may not be able to issue a corrected module in time.  It's no
problem as long as you leave the cursor in the grid entry area.

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW