[RTTY] MD distance calculator for Makrothen

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MD distance calculator for Makrothen
From: "Scott Keating" <n4gva@aerog.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 00:05:16 -0500
A little late I know, but. for those of us using MixW, and (or) don't have
writelog yet, v1.3.3 of my MD software will do the correct distance
calculations as outlined in the Makrothen contest rules.

With MixW MD will automatically show the correct distance on-the-fly when
the locator is entered into the log.  It'll also show the distance as the
log is reviewed (as long as the locator is entered correctly in the MixW
log).  It worked pretty smoothly for me during the contest, and when I
double checked my log afterwards.  The distance window stays on-top so it's
always available.

Md is on my software page at http://www.aerog.com <http://www.aerog.com/>
if anyone is interested.

I had my MixW log display set up with the Locator and notes-column
permanently displayed so it was a simple task to just punch the distance
into the notes column.  I was pleasantly surprised that MixW showed the
original Locator I entered for contacts on previous bands, so as the day
went on I just had to update the distance column.

I'm new to RTTY contesting (the WPX contest was my first), so I imagine I'll
eventually move on to better loggers, etc, but for now MixW is working out
ok for me.

Scott, N4GVA - Ormond Beach, FL