Re: [RTTY] Get out your checkbooks!

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Get out your checkbooks!
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:53:02 -0800
On Mar 9, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Peter Laws wrote:

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 N3SL@aol.com wrote:

-> http://www.icom.co.jp/world/products/amateur/7800/index.htm

Dang. I wonder what the Compact Flash card is for?

Probably for personalizing menus. Imagine saving your rig's settings at home, and simply take a card to a contest station, plug it into their rig and voila, you are in familiar territory.

Ahhh, but notice that it has optical audio output; bye bye sound cards (if your computer has optical output like the one on my G5). Unfortunately it is only a 16-bit converter...

We need to get these guys to program a full sized crossed banana into that LCD screen, or open up the API so we can do it ourselves.

I'll let you guys beta test the 7800 for two years and I may get one then :-).

73
Chen, W7AY