RE: [RTTY] Re: Noise with MMTTY

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Re: Noise with MMTTY
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:43:39 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 llindblom@juno.com wrote:

->
-> I typed AFC in the fist sentence and it should of been AGC, me bad!
->
-> -- llindblom@juno.com wrote:
->
-> This is very reason I alway turn off the AFC before diving into the
-> crowded portions of any band on any mode.  AGC off can be harder on the
-> ears at times but this prevents a strong nuisance signal from totally
-> covering up the ESP signal you are trying to copy.

I turn AFC off, too, on MMTTY as this causes you to be off freq in some
cases.  Nice feature, but better to get the signal tuned in properly near
as I can tell.

AFAIK, I can't disable AGC on my Icom, but can only select "fast" and
"slow" ...

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9