RE: [RTTY] Re: Back on the Air

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Re: Back on the Air
From: "Scott Keating" <n4gva@aerog.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:45:47 -0500
Re: sound card ops

Right now I only use MixW.  With it...(1)You can use LSB or USB, both work
very well.  In LSB the "inverted" function needs to be toggled on, and for
accurate frequency readout the spectrum display needs to be on "LSB".  (2)If
you tune the radio via a CAT interface (tune via the mouse-wheel, etc) the
frequency displayed in the log and on the screen are the correct frequency
to use for spots.  The spectrum also automatically shifts to LSB/USB if you
change modes with the CAT interface.

Except when the band is very noisy (40/80m static crashes for example) I've
had very little trouble using the software. Tuning hasn't been a problem
either, I've easily worked stations interleaving themselves with other RTTY
stations without any trouble (IE: through QRM).

I realize it isn't the ideal solution but it's the software I'm most
familiar with and have had reasonable success with.

-- Scott, N4GVA