[RTTY] TARA CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT..

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] TARA CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT..
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:27:27 EDT
Greetings:
Just a friendly reminder that the "TARA Skirmish"  - Digital Prefix Contest
is coming up on April 17. I hope  as many of you as possible will join us for
TARA's first running of this contest  and I really think you'll enjoy this
contest a lot.
TARA Skirmish--Digital Prefix Contest--sponsored by Troy  ARA,0000Z-2400Z Apr
17. Frequencies: 160-6 meters, work stations once per band.  Categories:
High, Low (<100 W), Great (<20 W), QRP (<5 W), SWL.  Exchange: Name and Prefix.
Score: QSOs × WPX prefixes × power multiplier. (High  ×0.5, Low ×1, Great ×2,
QRP ×3) Multipliers count once per band. For more  information:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html)   or
_skirmish-manager@n2ty.org_ (mailto:skirmish-manager@n2ty.org)
.  Logs due May 15 via the contest score entry form at
_http://n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_score.html_
(http://n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_score.html) .
Don't forget, this is the final contest for this year's "Four  Season's
Tour'ney." It's going to be interesting to see who  is going to take top
honor's in
this year's Tour'ney. In the TARA  Tour'ney, the contestants are competing
for the honor of emerging as the  annual King or Queen of the digital modes.
The
 scores to achieve this are an aggregate of all their individual Tour'ney
credits  derived from their scores from the four (4) TARA All Season Contests.
Each  contest is a separate entity and has its own awards. The results of each
will be  displayed on the Tara Results web page where you will find the results
of all  the contests for the Tour'ney year as they are run. The results so
far can be  seen at: _http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results.html)    If you want to learn
more about the Tour'ney please go to:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html)
For all of you that love to chase awards TARA has you covered!  Begining in
2004 - TARA proudly introduced its ALL  NEW "Four Season's Awards Program"
which consists  of the TARA-PX and the TARA Grid Awards. The TARA-PX is the
only
Digital Prefix Award available since the WPX is SSB  and CW only!
The TARA-PX Award is a full service award  offering Mixed, RTTY and PSK
certification. If you feel that you qualify for a non-listed digital  mode,
please
request that we review your information.

The TARA-Grid  Award is an excellent companion to our Four Seasons,  Grid-Dip
Contest. All contest entries qualify for inclusion  in your TARA-Grid Award.
You need only 300 different four(4) digit  Grid Squares to claim your Basic
certificate.
Come check out our awards program at:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html)
With our new "Four Season's Contesting &  Awards Program" we want to become
your  #1 contesting & award program for  "ALL" seasons!
Thank You!
Bill Eddy, NY2U
President of TARA
_ny2u@n2ty.org_ (mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org)