[RTTY] Thanks CQ, W6OTC, K9SZ, AC6JT & all others

To: "RTTY Reflector" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks CQ, W6OTC, K9SZ, AC6JT & all others
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 19:52:53 -0500
Thanks to CQ Magazine, Glenn W6OTC the contest manager, Joe K9SZ and the others
who make the CQWW RTTY Contest possible.

Thanks to Brian AC6JT for sponsorship of the 2003 CQWW SOA NA plaque I received
today.

Since we are bragging, it's my 34th Amateur Radio-related plaque, 3 of which are
Honor Roll, one for a CW contest back in 1975 and the other 30 are all RTTY.

It comes at a good time as I'm about to start hanging stuff in the newly
renovated shack.

Contrary to what the article says in CQ, I wasn't really unhappy, but rather
disappointed in my first ever SO Assisted effort in this contest.  I am happy to
come away with the NA win and 3rd overall in the world.  But I wasn't prepared
mentally.  Running Assisted in a major contest like CQWW can take away from
one's rhythm.  Although I have known for a long time that rhythm is important,
especially running SO2R, it took this contest for me to realize how high up on
the list it is.  Without a good rhythm you have little chance to win.  And it's
not as much fun when you don't have rhythm.

Thanks again to everyone for their involvement.  Hope to get the rhythm again
soon!

73, Don AA5AU