[RTTY] FT-1000 Mark V Sub Receiver IF Filter

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] FT-1000 Mark V Sub Receiver IF Filter
From: W3OA <w3oa@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:35:23 -0400
I'm trying to decide if I should buy an IF filter for the Mark V sub receiver. I'm considering the INRAD 500 khz crystal filter.

I wonder if it's possible to select the sub receiver narrow filter when in RTTY and/or Packet modes?

The operating manual seems to say this filter can only be selected in CW mode but that seems unusually restrictive to me. Maybe there's a work around?

Thanks for any help - Dick, W3OA