[RTTY] 746 and FSK

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 746 and FSK
From: "Bill Metzger" <wmetzger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 11:51:07 -0500
Ed and Peter,

I own a 746 (original) and not the PRO model.  However, they are essentially
the same rig with the exception of the DSP/filters etc.  I used my 746 with
a RASCAL interface setup for RTTY FSK.  All the signals you need are in the
ACC plug on the back.  I replaced the 746 with a 756PROII and have it setup
exactly the same.

I'm active on PSK and have used it extensively the same way (ACC jack) and
have also tried it on SSTV and DIGTRX.

The big advantage of the ACC jack is that the MIC will be muted during
transmit on any of the digital modes and the MIC Gain control will be
inoperative.  This is a big advantage so you don't have to keep adjusting
ALC etc. when shifting modes or having the Windows sounds transmitted on
RTTY or PSK via the MIC.

Bill
KF0OH