[RTTY] RE: signal on 14.080?

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: signal on 14.080?
From: Richard Kriss <aa5vu@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:20:31 -0500
On 5/31/04 11:00 AM, Jerry Pixton, W6IHG <jpixton@shentel.net> wrote:

> This old dog is trying to learn new tricks. What modulation are the
> signal(s) that generally are around 14.080?

Jerry - W6IHG,

I know the signals you are talking about. I have heard it may be MFSK but my
MFSK software can not decode the signals.  I am not alone and understand
several have reported the SETA like signals to the FCC and they do not seem
to be concerned.  The person running the nonstandard modulation even has an
encoded CW Ider - that I could not copy.  I personally question if it is an
FCC authorized modulation for amateur use.

Dick, AA5VU