[RTTY] FT920 and FSK RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] FT920 and FSK RTTY
From: WI8W <rtty@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 03:08:30 +0000
I am trying to setup my FT920 to do FSK RTTY instead of AFSK. The menu settings 42 thru 44 have me a bit confused. For some reason no matter what setting I try in those menus, MMTTY keeps sending and receiving in REV mode.

Anyone out there running the same setup I am trying? If so I would like to hear from ya to get some advice on how to set this radio up properly so that I can send and receive in normal mode usiong MMTTY.

I have the following settings for Menu 42 thru 44

Data Mode is LSB for FSK

42   RTTY-TN  Hi2125L
43   RTTY-SH  Sft 170
44   SFT-pol  nor

I do not know if any of menu's 45 and 46 settings have any effect on FSK RTTY

Thanks

Thom WI8W