RE: [RTTY] 160 On RTTY?

To: "'Thomas Giella KN4LF'" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>,"'a TARA RTTY eGroup'" <RTTY-TARA@yahoogroups.com>,"'a RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] 160 On RTTY?
From: "Don Inbody" <ad0k@inbody.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:26:47 -0500
I will try to be there.

73,
Don

Don Inbody/AD0K
Buda, TX (EM10bc)
QSL via LotW and eQSL
-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Thomas Giella KN4LF
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 09:47
To: a TARA RTTY eGroup; a RTTY Reflector
Subject: [RTTY] 160 On RTTY?

Anyone planning to do some operating on 160 meters in the UK RTTY contest on
Saturday-Sunday UTC? I'm going to give it a shot around 1810 kc with 400
watts at my sunset onward which is at approximately 0028 UTC. Of course all
is dependent on daily summer lightning storms here in central Florida.

As of late solar space weather and geomagnetic indices have been at levels
very conducive to good propagation on 160 meters. Unfortunately though
higher propagation paths should degrade some by contest time.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 31 44N 82 09 51 98W

NWS Tampa Bay, FL SKYWARN Observer # HIL-249
SWFWMD Rainfall Network Observer #574 Thackery
CWOP Weather Station #CW2111

PODXS 070 PSK31 Club Member #349

KN4LF Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm

---